We are seeking Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals in the Ottawa Region to join our team.
Metrics Vocational Services offers client centered and business focused vocational rehabilitation services, including initial rehabilitation assessments, vocational assessments, transferable skills analysis and labour market surveys. We are focused on returning the client to work in a timely and safe manner, while providing supportive services at any step of the return to work process. We facilitate communication between all parties involved, including health care and treatment providers, employers and insurers, to ensure that the most effective programs are in place. Our high touch approach and proactive strategies are essential to increasing positive outcomes.
- Collaborate with case managers to provide return to work services to clients who are ill or injured.
- Conduct initial assessment to determine a client’s abilities, transferable skills, limitations, and restrictions, as well as opportunities and barriers for a return to work.
- Review medical information to identify functional profile.
- Provide professional recommendations which may include: healthcare treatment (such as physiotherapy, work hardening, occupational, therapy cognitive behavioural therapy), community integration, job search services, and return to work support.
- Monitor interventions, providing updates to case managers and addressing issues and barriers as they arise.
- Administer, score and interpret psychometric tests including: Academic, Aptitude, IQ, Personality, Vocational Interest, and other standardized tests.
- Research appropriate alternate suitable occupations (direct entry or with additional training/education) for worker based on current vocational test profile using the NOC (National Occupation Code System), Working In Canada, Career Counselling professionals and other appropriate resources.
- Present test results in a comprehensive written report
- Write high quality professional reports.
- Provide vocational counselling services to clients.
- Maintain professional designation including abiding by professional ethics and ensuring continuing education credits are obtained.
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Writing Skills
- Post-secondary education program in Psychology, Vocational Rehabilitation or other related field
- CVRP or CCVE designation or willing to pursue
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to quickly identify, assess and accommodate assessment environment to ensure comfort is maintained for client
- Proficient computer ability, including MS Word and virtual platforms
- VRA Membership
- CVRP membership or willing to pursue
- Errors & Omissions and Commercial General Liability Insurance Holder
- Professional liability insurance
- Maintain a safe and secure home-based office
- Access to a vehicle
- Until suitable candidates are found
For more information or to apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org